- Admission for autumn entry quarter only
- PhD applicants may indicate areas of academic interest for informational purposes only (there are no specialized tracks as a part of the PhD application)
- General GRE test scores are required and must provide GRE scores from an examination taken within the last 5 years of the application deadline; GRE Subject test scores in mathematics recommended
- PhD Admit Weekend is scheduled for February 17-18, 2022
- See the application deadlines page for important dates.
COVID accommodation for TOEFL requirement:
Stanford will temporarily accept the TOEFL ITP Plus test with the Vericant interview for applicants from Mainland China who are unable to sit for the TOEFL iBT. This exception is requested only for the 2020-2021 application cycle. Applicants may be asked to re-test at a later time once the Stanford TOEFL iBT becomes available, or applicants may be asked to re-test through the Stanford Language Center. Per current University policy, all international students including those from Mainland China must receive English language clearance from the English for Foreign Students program prior to becoming a teaching assistant.
Applicants to the ICME graduate program may apply either to the MS program or to the PhD program, but may not apply to both.
- Admission to the PhD program is much more competitive than to the MS program, therefore students interested primarily in a Master's degree should apply to the MS program.
- ICME does not offer the choice for applicants not admitted to the PhD program to be re-considered for MS program admission.
Please direct all questions regarding programs and admissions to firstname.lastname@example.org (The ICME Faulty Director and Affiliated Faculty will not be able to respond to admissions inquiries.)